...

...
------------------------------------------------------------

This Day in GINGEROLOGY


GingerTelevision...

Next GingerFilm(s) (on TCM - all times Eastern):

----------------------


Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Prague's Dancing House...


...This is yet ANOTHER cool 'landmark' I was made aware of by the folks that informed me of "Ginger's" restaurant in Times Square and also the "Ginger Film Festival" near their place in Maryland - outside of Washington D.C., with the cool "picture box" display of Gingerbilia...

The pic above is an office and 'events' building in Prague, Czech Republic...called 'Dancing House'...the Ginger connection? Well, of course...it has been nicknamed "Fred and Ginger" by the locals, as the two 'towers' somewhat resemble a dancing couple...some imagination is necessary, but yeah, I can see it... here is a 'wiki link' to the place (note the first reference to the building's nickname is "Ginger and Fred"...a gingerologist entry on wiki, perhaps? :-]  ):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dancing_House

The folks in question (who are actually my wife's aunt and uncle) were taking a tour of Europe (well, they were in Prague on this particular day, duh... it was an EXTENSIVE tour...) and saw this on a postcard, and they of course thought of me when they saw Ginger mentioned... for folks who are at best indifferent about Ginger, they sure run into a heap of Gingery goodness!

For even MORE Ginger links to these folks...their kids are the folks we stayed with in KC for the Gingertennial!!! I'm waiting any day for someone in this family to unearth "Hat Check Girl"... they seem to have the 'knack' for finding Ginger stuff!!!

Hope everyone is well out there... In the States, it is just dang HOT, y'all!! Hope folks in other regions of the orb aren't as heated up as we are... but hey, that's just part of summer, right?

I am fixing to go make sure I have responded to folks who posted and/or commented during my trip...honestly, I think I haven't replied much on Gingerology, but hopefully DID go around the horn of other sites with Gingery posts for 7/16/11... speaking of which, next up on the review series is 'Broadway Bad', which is limited Ginger...mainly Joan Blondell, which I am a pretty big fan of, also, so...should be OK. Hopefully I will get it cranked out by the weekend. Until then...

KIG, everybody!!!
VKMfanHuey
---

3 comments:

  1. I've heard and seen about that building before. Wish I could go and see it. :(
    BUT, I finally got to check out those pics back from your visit in Missouri. All I have to say is AWESOME!!! You are such a lucky ducky to go check the house she was born at.
    Also great you got to meet another blogger who is a fan. But too bad the house in KC was not there. The house she used to live in at Fort Worth has become a medical office I think? Not sure, but it is an office of some sort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should be ashamed of myself i completely forgot about this when booking my plane tickets to Prague earliar. Although i've come accross it on previous occasions :)
    Weather's ok here accross the pond, nowhere near as warm as it is in the US, 77F today was the warmest its been in a while and the warmest since we got back :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. GF11: It would be pretty neat to see it, but obviously only if you are 'in the area' anyway...and I will probably not be on that side of the orb...maybe EVER...would like to, tho...
    KC was really neat... again, the homeowner was great, and it was awesome to meet F&GMad... she is really hardcore about being in the right place at the right time!
    I have been to Fort Worth (strangely, the same folks I stayed with in KC used to live in Plano, a 'burb of Dallas...that's when I went out there...) unfortunately, I was just a 'casual' fan at best, and honestly didn't know about her Fort Worth background... will definitely check it out next time I'm out there!

    F&GMad: ...speaking of the Globetrotter...dang! You are all OVER the place, lady! :-] Pretty cool...I am pretty big on traveling, but haven't been out of the states...
    Glad you have decent temps over there...here in Alabama now it is basically like it was in KC (100 degrees Fahrenheit), but more humid, so even MORE like a sauna!!!
    Hope your daughter is still doing well! We are cranking up school here next week, which invariably means sickness within a few months...well, when it gets a bit cooler, anyway...blah.
    Keep It Gingery, GF11 and F&GM! (I KNOW I don't have to worry about either of y'all doing that!!! ;-] )

    VKMfanHuey
    ---

    ReplyDelete

Awards...Thanks, Y'all!!!

...I TRULY appreciate these, and the kind words regarding this blog...thanks for all the inspiration I have drawn from each of your blog sites, which are all awesome in their unique ways!!!
It is my hope that I can continue to make 'G-ology' interesting and informative regarding the 'Beautiful Science' of VKM, which is SUCH a great topic!!! ...And remember, your comments are what make Gingerology click - so keep cranking them out!

Thanks again, JW

Awarded by Gingerella on 11/18/09 AND by Sally on 01/31/10

Awarded by Gingerella on 11/18/09 AND by Sally on 01/31/10
Thanks, Gingerella and Sally!!!

Awarded by Amanda Cooper on 11/21/09

Awarded by Amanda Cooper on 11/21/09
Thanks, AC!!!

Awarded by Maggie on 02/10/10 AND by Kate Gabrielle on 02/11/10

Awarded by Maggie on 02/10/10 AND by Kate Gabrielle on 02/11/10
Thanks, Maggie and Kate Gabrielle!!!

Awarded by Camille on 03/25/11 AND by Anna on 03/29/11

Awarded by Camille on 03/25/11 AND by Anna on 03/29/11
Thanks, Camille and Anna!!!

Hometowns to Hollywood Busby Berkeley Blogathon 2018

Hometowns to Hollywood Busby Berkeley Blogathon 2018
...including the Gingerology entry of 'Gold Diggers of 1933'...